I am using a Think Tank Urban Disguise 40 (there are several sizes),
and I guess I've had it for 6-8 years. It's more or less "messenger
style." It has held up well, except for the non-slip side of the
shoulder strap (I substituted a black non-slip strap from
goodness-knows-what; it says "LLBean" on the buckle), and the elastic
in the stretch pockets on the ends.

My usual load is a K-5, 16-45, 50-200, and 10-17; though I have
occasionally added a 24-90, a few primes, a flash, and a K-7--which is
to say that it holds a LOT more than I can carry comfortably.

There is a backpack adapter for it (which I have) and it works very
well. I think backpack camera bags are a huge pain, because you have
to take the damned things off to get anything out. For transportation,
okay; for shooting, yuck.

Cheers,

Rick
http://photo.net/photos/RickW