I have a Sigma EF500DG Super that I have used very rarely with the K-5
(the sensor being so good); but it has done well. The K-5's flash
features are well supported. My best results have been in slave mode
with the pop-up as the trigger. Getting the channels sorted out is a
bit of a pain (despite instructions translated from Chinese, via
Gaelic and Inuit), but it has worked very well.

This shot (from a photo booth at a church holiday party) was ISO 800,
1/90, f/4, Sigma flash bounced off a projection screen at camera left,
camera flash in controller mode:

The EF610DG Super is the current model.

Rick
http://photo.net/photos/RickW