>Isn't the 6X7 a wonderful camera?  I still miss it, but since I went
>totally digital, it was just not practical to develop the film, and my old
>lab doesn't want to do it anymore, except for large jobs.
>
>Dan Matyola
>http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/danieljmatyola

If it had not had the newer lens with it I probably would have just sold it.
The improved contrast of the newer generation of coatings has proven itself
significant.

I gave up on LF, mostly because after turning 60, and a shoulder injury
about 10 years ago, carrying that bulk of film holders became too much.  I
would sometimes use a rise for landscapes, and maybe a slight tilt for
certain portraits, but not much. Not enough to justify the weight/bulk.

Of course this thing isn't light. Not in the least. But with a pro-pack it's
still less than even the old Nagaoka 4x5 w/ a dozen holders, bag or tent,
etc.

One of the shots I did on Sat was the new daughter-in-law on a staircase.
For best grip I ended up holding the camera grip-down and resting it on my
braced arm.  Grip-up just allowed too much sway.  Tough to do any better
without a really tall tripod (which I don't have).