From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Christian Skofteland
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 3:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Do zooms teach visual discipline? Was: Advice Needed For
Student

On Monday 13 May 2002 09:24, Lukasz Kacperczyk wrote:
>IMO zooms are only useful when there's
> no time to change lenses, or move around, and while shooting
> transparencies.
> Lukasz

Please explain.  How are zooms more useful for shooting transparencies?
What
has film type got to do with lenses or focal lengths??????

For the record I shoot 99% transparencies and use primes exclusively because
I like them better not because I am less "lazy" than someone who uses zooms.
Zoom lenses have their place as do primes.  For the record, I use my zooms
when I use print film (B&W).

This whole argument about discipline and creative processes based on lens
type used is crap especially when punctuated with comments such as the one
quoted above.

Christian