Igor wrote:

"Joe,

"It is an awful[lynice] image. And I see that the camera is giving you all type
of troubles and headaches (Auto ISO, etc.).

"I cannot watch while a nice person like you is suffering. I am ready to do an
ultimate sacrifice and take off your hand this culprit of your enormous
suffering. I would even cover the postage, so that you would not carry any
financial burden associated with this humanitarian action: You've suffered
enough!"

Thanks for the offer, Igor. I am having two problems: Firstly, I am hopelessly
20th century, and am suffering from featuritis in Pentax's recent DSLRs.
Secondly, my mind just does not work the same way as the writers/editors who
prepare the indices in Pentax's manuals. I simply don't know what terms to use
when searching an index. Both problems are no doubt my fault. It was dumb of me
to search for "focus beep" instead of realizing that I needed to search under
"sounds." In the meantime, thanks to everyone who responded. I am slowly
mastering the K-1. At least, it is allowing me to think that I am mastering it.

Joe