Bob Walken wrote:
> the article in question was specifically about volume rather than
> dollars, pounds, euros or yen.

> In fairness to the writer, who is a respectable journalist and
> unlikely to be lying, he did make an exception of disposable
> film cameras, which I didn't mention in my original post, which was
> meant to be more about the mention of Pentax as the canonical (!?)
> slr, and the writer's false dichotomy between film slrs and digital
> point and shoots.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the clarification on that.  If the writer is excluding disposable
film cameras from his statistics, then the numbers sound quite plausible.
If it comes down to a choice between "looking swish" or "carrying a Pentax
SLR", I'd just as soon skip the "swish" look, thank you very much.  ;-)
Sounds like a look that might get a person mugged!

Bill Peifer
Rochester, NY