On 12/28/2016 11:28 AM, John Francis wrote:

I think you have that backwards.

With an electronic shutter, the image is taken at electronic speeds; the
entire sensor is cleared, then the image is captured.  There's no reason
for the electronics to expose different pixels at different times. While
there will certainly be some delay across the sensor, I would expect all
the pixel exposures to be synchronized to within a nanosecond, which is
effectively simultaneous as far as any mechanical system is concerned.

The electronic shutter in the Fuji X-T1 takes about 1/30th of a second to read the entire frame. I expect the Pentax is similar.

What you are talking about is a global shutter, not a rolling shutter. I'm quite certain that Pentax uses a rolling shutter.