Some people tend to break threading when they reply (I hope I'm not one
of them).

I don't know how or why, but they spawn off separate reply threads that
for some reason Thunderbird places before the original posts.

I find that if I scroll down, I eventually find the original posts &
threaded replies, although sometimes it can be confusing. Some people
also don't use "Re:" when replying & when they break the threading it
can become REALLY confusing.

Since it doesn't seem to take a whole lot to confuse me nowadays, I try
not to let it bother me too much.