It hasn't started snowing yet, but there's been a mixture of sleet &
freezing rain for several hours now. I'm taking a break from working
on my kitchen.

I was reading Petapixal about mixing ambient light with flash for more
pleasing portraits. But he was shooting at 1/2000 of a second which got
me thinking about sync speeds. I'm not sure if he was using High Speed
Sync or not, but I thought about leaf shutter lenses that will "sync" at
any speed.

Pentax made a leaf shutter 90mm f/2.8 lens for the Pentax67. They also
made an adapter so you can use Pentax67 lenses on 35mm Pentax SLRs.

Would the Pentax67 leaf shutter lens mounted on the 67 Adapter K work
with Pentax DSLRs?

Here's what the kitchen looks like at the moment.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jb_sessoms/32004605762/in/photostream/lightbox/

The old plaster walls were 3/4" thick, so I'm having to make the new
drywall the same thickness to avoid having to shave down the window &
door frames. I'm making it the necessary thickness by putting in two
layers of 3/8" drywall. I bought enough drywall board to cover two walls
high enough to back the base cabinets

I've got my drywall inside, out of the weather & I've got a dry porch
where I can make the necessary cuts.

The first layer has a strip 24" wide along the bottom with a full 48"
width piece on top of it. The second layer has a regular 48" wide sheet
on the bottom. That offsets the joints for the two layers & gives me
enough wall in place I can start setting the base cabinets once the
weather clears up enough I can get out to the building materials store.

I added insulation in the exterior walls & additional electrical
outlets. I only had two duplex outlets, one behind the refrigerator &
one GFI for all my small appliances. The double outlet shown is
protected by the GFI. The new kitchen will have two double outlets plus
the original GFI serving the counter space.

I've still got to knock down the plaster on the old wall to the left &
install new drywall. You can see the outline of the old cabinets behind
the level & T-square. Not shown off the left is the door-frame where
I'll tie the new drywall into the existing plaster wall, another reason
I have to go 3/4" thick.

Since I knew I was going to tear the plaster out, I used it for various
notes & drawings to keep track of what I was having to do.

I will still have to finish off the upper part of the walls & actually I
have to tear out the ceiling in this area to replace it as well. But I
already own a drywall panel lift I bought back when I was making repairs
after Hurricane Fran. Then I'll need to hang wall cabinets.

I think I'm getting close to being halfway done.

Eventually I'll try to put up a gallery of how I went about doing the
work, but not until it's finished enough I can use the kitchen again.