For me it's a legacy of my days running a mini-lab & trying to keep the
order kiosk screens clean.

I never felt I needed to use protective gloves when handling prints in
the darkroom, but I damn sure did whenever I went to clean the kiosk
screens. And NOT from the glass cleaner I had to use either!

Does no one ever wash their hands any more?