Your discs could be unfinalized. This is convenient if you want to add
files to a disc in multiple sessions or if you only ever read them on a
single computer, but is a problem when you want to read discs on a
different machine, such as in the future when you've retired the computer
or drive that originally burned the discs. Hopefully you can close the
sessions and finalize the disc, even without the original hardware or
software.
http://www.cd-info.com/howto/finalize/

regards, Anthony