Glad your home was safe and you too.. better sunburnt than fire burnt!

ann

On 2/20/2017 10:51 PM, David Mann wrote:
Right, we arrived home yesterday.  The fires look like they're pretty much out
but there's still a lot of work being done to take care of hot spots and
prevent flareups.  Today I've seen a steady procession of planes and
helicopters dropping purple fire retardant (thanks Aussies).

The hills look horribly scarred.  The forested areas don't look too much
different at first glance but closer inspection shows vast tracts that are no
longer green.  The firefighters did well to keep it away from the denser
residential areas.  I saw one empty spur where it'd burned almost all the way
to the bottom.

Once the tracks are opened again I'll see if I can go exploring with a camera.
For now my body is too battered and sunburnt anyway.

Cheers,
Dave