Larry Colen wrote:

>There was an interview in the past year or so, and I can't find it right
>now, which listed two reasons.  The first was the low volume of sales.
>The other reason was Pentax's lack of electronic aperture controls.
>Shortly thereafter Pentax announced the new electronic aperture controls.

Yep. At this point Sigma is going to be designing all its premium
lenses with electronically controlled aperture. The change for each
lens mount they support is minimal compared to designing complete
mechanically operated aperture just for one manufacturer (one with
small sales volume, at that).

Although it isn't clear from the photos I've seen so far it certainly
looks to me as if the new D-FA 50/1.4 has no diaphragm actuation
lever.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com