As annoyances go, the attachment one doesn't bother me.

But, I agree with the sentiment.  There are plenty of other software
'improvements' that have me looking for some heavy object to throw at
the computer monitor (fortunately I don't leave any within easy reach).

As for smartphone annoyances, I basically ignore any updates. If an app
works the way I want, I leave it alone.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters