Whether you need to worry about CRI or not depends on how fussy you
are. If you are shooting products (including fashion) for a living you
would (or should, anyway) be fussy and CRI is critical. Also if you
shoot people and like your skin tones to be well rendered, or natural.

So if you find that don't really care about CRI then any old light
sources will do and buying random LED bulbs until you get the results
you like will be fine.

But if you, like me, really do care about CRI then I suggest you stick
to LED panels and bulbs that are made for photography. Avoid all the
consumer products (eg whatever's on sale at Walmart). LEDs that are
made for commercial store displays have better CRI because they care
about colour rendition for stuff they are selling. I have some of
those by way of Amazon and they have surprisingly nice light.

See what B&H Photo or Adorama has available in your price range. The
500 and 1000 LED panels are reasonably priced these days and put out a
lot of good light. Fotodiox is a more budget source with good strong
lights.

Many photo LED panels use DC power, so definitely no flicker. AC
powered ones? Dunno.

Where I notice CRI making a huge difference is when I shoot with a
calibrated colour workflow -- ie using a colour-checker card, and
calibrating the monitor with a colorimeter. Then I can really see what
normal consumer room lights do to skin versus shooting with strobes
that have a very high CRI. I can even tell the difference between
shooting with Profoto pack and head strobes and the less expensive
Paul Buff lights.

--
-bmw