Made a couple of boss-approved purchases yesterday that I will be
using for work (non-Pentax, thus the OT)

The first is the DJI Mavic Pro, a compact drone with 4K video
capability. For anyone interested, or considering such a thing, this
This guy may seem annoying at first, but he’s pretty funny and yet has
a lot of really good info:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPG1Xa5Uqwo

The last couple of minutes have actual footage captured on the Mavic.
You can click the gear in the YouTube player and up the YouTube
resolution to 1080p HD and make the video Full Screen to see how good
it looks.In my opinion, this is the most kick ass drone available to
the prosumer today. I got the "Fly More" package and added the $99
protection package that will replace the drone up to two times in the
first year.

For a much more attractive reviewer (from the heterosexual male
perspective) see this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPG1Xa5Uqwo
She shows lots of features that the other guy did not cover.

A lot of the shots that I use this drone for will be INDOOR shots, so
its capabilities to fly indoors (and even via WiFi) may be very useful
to me. In addition, this drone has the ability to stay up a lot longer
(27 minutes!?!) and fly in less than calm conditions (since we don't
get a lot of calm wind days in Nebraska, this is important to being
able to get the shots needed for exterior aerials shots.

The 2nd purchase was a Sony RX100 V, which is being purchased for
basically ONE capability only: It's HFR (high frame rate) which allows
for super slow motion. My employer owns three injection molding plants
and those molds sometimes have issues with ejecting parts properly,
and we have taken to using video (converted to QuickTime, so we can
"step" through the frames). I'm hopeful that the RX100 V will allow us
to get clearer images than those from our Canon Vixia HF G20. Using
the Sony's "Shoot Time Priority" the most you can shoot is 7 seconds
at 480 fps, but I believe that will be more than sufficient to capture
the part ejection event, if we time our shutter button press
appropriately. To help with that I also ordered the Sony RM-VPR1
Remote Control multi-terminal cable.
These videos shows the sort of stuff that can be done with the various
frame rates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh01mmZTtnI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRsyIs9JfZM
(Note: previous model IV. The V has extended capabilities in this
regard, over the IV.)
If you need slow-mo video, this camera seems to be the most bang-for-the-buck.

Finally, I'm upgrading my tripod and head for video. I'm finally
getting a proper fluid head (again, being a bang-for-the-buck guy I
went with the well reviewed E-Image GH03 Fluid Head:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=invoice&A=details&Q=&sku=1100020&is=REG
For the tripod, I went with the Manfrotto MT190CXPro4
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=invoice&A=details&Q=&sku=1010693&is=REG

If you are in the market for a tripod, I recommend wathing the MT
Series videos on that page. I love how it converts to horizontal
column mode and can get down to just 3.2" when needed.

Darren Addy
Kearney, NE

--
“The Earth is Art, The Photographer is only a Witness ”
― Yann Arthus-Bertrand, Earth from Above