In a message dated 5/19/2002 2:24:46 AM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I've been reading over the instuction manual and it
> states the requirements are 4 AA alkaline batteries.
> Does anyone on the list have experience using Lithium
> AAs w/ the battery pack FG? Would there be any>
> problems (ie damage to the pack) using lithium AAs?

When I first saw Lithium AAs on store shelves, I emailed Pentax tech support
and asked if these were OK to use in the battery pack Fg. The emailed
response was that the lithiums CAN be used and would probably result in even
longer battery life than alkalines. So I have proceeded to use lithium AAs in
my battery pack Fg, and they work fine. I haven't compared the lifespan. The
lithiums are lighter, which I appreciate.

This was also discussed on a recent rec.photo.equipment.35mm thread, where
someone else pointed out that the lithium AAs probably came out after the
instruction manual was printed and that's why they're not mentioned.

ERNR
My photographs hang on the virtual walls at http://members.aol.com/ernreed