Below.

Frank wrote:
> Hi, All,
> As someone said, boy it's been quiet here over the last coupla days.
> What's up with that?  It's Victoria Day weekend here in Canada
(except
> Quebec);  is it a holiday weekend elsewhere? Ah yes, yet another
> remnant of our glorious Colonial past;  despite the fact that we've
been
> "independant" for over 130 years, we still celebrate Queen
Victoria's
> birthday.
>
> It's more often called "May Two Four" - ostnensibly because Her
> Highness' birthday is actually on the 24th - but in reality because
it's
> traditionally the first weekend of summer, and everyone buys a "two
> four" (ei, a pack of 24 beer) and gets out of town to party (or
stays in
> town to party).  Unfortunately for us here in Southern Ontario, we
are
> in the midst of the coldest May Two-Four in 50 years.  High of about
10
> today, low of maybe 0 (average high should be 18), and a chance of
rain
> Ick..

> What else is anyone else doing this weekend?  Sorry to go on about
> Canada and Victoria Day and all, but hey, it's been deadly quiet
here,
> so I thought I'd ramble.

Well, I can add, that up here in Sweden this weekend is Pingstafton
(yesterday). Pingstdagen and Pingstannandagen (you smarties figure
that one out :) ) (Clue: Pentecostal, Holy Spirit... etc).
(It's just that my command of English doesn't really cover the
religious terminology sufficiently to comfortably explain it better,
why I invite anyone so inclined to explain this Christian holiday
correctly.)

We are still in spring, with summer closing in (nights are yet
slightly too chilly) and nights are getting lighter.
However days have been sunny and great.
Met a young woman friend day before yesterday who didn't mind, or
maybe even liked to have pictures taken of her, why I put my 50mm to
work and spent the better part of a (400 asa color, available window
light) roll on her, deciding to do another shoot day after tomorrow.
Don't know really for what purpose yet, other than my (and mayby her)
enjoyment in doing it. She happened to have and suggested trying a
roll of 3200 Tmax from 1999, but i like color... We'll see.

Other than that, mostly writing articles and trying to find, select
and digitally make old pictures (scanned from various old
publications) useable. Interesting challenge, imagewise.

Lasse