Okay, thanks, Ann. I had read a mush more "BLAND" color outcome.
I'll check to you. :-)

----- Original Message -----
From: "ann sanfedele" <ann...@nyc.rr.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 1:53:27 PM
Subject: Re: PESO: Lake Pukaki

The key is that it is GLACIER produced  - a lake fed from glacier
runnoff...   I grabbed this abbreviated bit off the web for ya Jack..

ann

What makes glacial lakes blue?
The silt is created when rocks underneath the surface of the ice are
grinding from the movement of the*glacier*. The rock flour is very light
and stays suspended in the*lake*water for a long time. The sunlight that
reflects off this rock flour is what gives the*lakes*their spectacular
turquoise*blue*or green colour.