As far as I can tell, these two lenses are focused on different objects.
I am comparing the add sheets with "tasracing.com.au" (or whatever it is),
as well as "800".
I am also looking at the lamps in the top left corner.
It looks like the main point in focus in the bottom one is somewhere near the middle of the second hole.
I cannot find where the top photo's focus.

I suspect that it is why you are concluding about the lesser degree of sharpness in the top photo. And you might be correct. But to draw a reliable conclusion, one should focus on a distinct feature in the photo (the same one for both lenses!), and I don't see that happening here.

I think a test pattern for the depth of focus would be really helpful here to unambiguously eliminate any user error. (I am talking about the test pattern that is tilted.)

Igor