Thanks Paul, I was hoping that you'd respond. It was late evening, but
I realise from your point and looking at the shadow cast by the car,
it was probably parked the wrong way round! 90 degrees rotation would
have had the sunlight illuminating the side. Schoolboy error...

If I ever get another chance to have a go I'll bear all of your
suggestions in mind.

Chris