On 4/6/2017 10:34 AM, Boris Liberman wrote:
Paul,

In my opinion, this is not worth it. If you require SSD in your
system, just buy one such drive, as they are relatively inexpensive
these days. If you require proper storage - buy proper HDDs. These
SSD+HDD combinations were meaningful when SSD's were very expensive,
but not any longer.

E.g. my system has HDDs for storing pics and 256 GB SSD for OS and
LightRoom caches, scratches, you name it. Works just fine and suits my
requirements for system responsiveness.

There is a lot to be said for this. My own computer has two SSDs and two HDDs.
The HDDs are storage only, the SSDs are my C drive and Photoshop swap drive.
Also, you will likely get more speed by maxing out memory than fast hard drives.
At least that's what I've been told.