John Sessoms wrote:

I have a viewing spot south of Great Smokey Mountains National Park
picked out, but I'll be looking for other options as the date draws
nearer based on weather forecasts. If anyone knows long term weather
trends & where I will find the highest probability of clear skies, chime
in as well.

I'm planning on packing up my van and heading to Eastern Oregon, possibly western Idaho. I've got friends in Bend and Nampa that I can stay with, both of which are a reasonable driving distance from the path of totality. If we had a large contingent, I could drag my 20' enclosed trailer and effectively have a portable hotel room for eight of us and our gear, twelve if I put all the seats in the van.

Maybe we could do a West Coast equivalent to the PDML GFM trip.