If you want to pay the price.

So Sony's introduced the a9, a 20 frame/second 24mp camera with no EVF blackout. Everything about it seems great. If I were a professional sports photographer I'd really want this camera. Yet I am saddened by it as well.

It changes the skill set from knowing your equipment and the sport you're covering to something more like the skill set of a WWII, Russian sub machine-gunner detailed knowledge to get the right shot isn't necessary anymore.

Now all you need is a general knowledge of where the action is most likely to take place and you can really spray and pray. Odds are on every play something will be usable.

It's a triumph of digital technology and yet it makes me feel that something important has been lost.