Thanks, Chris.

No, I was only in France for 8 days, the week before Easter in early
April.  My wife and I took a river cruise on the Seine, with an excursion
to the D-Day landing beaches and two days in Paris.  It is just taking me
this long to get around to all the images I took while there. <G>

The Rouen Cathedral was special to me, because of the many paintings by
Monet of its facade in varying light.  A poster of one of those works hung
in my room in college, and was one of the few decorations on our first
apartment after Lee and I got married,

I tried to take image of the view that Monet used, from the front, but even
with my 18-135 zoom and my 17 mm fisheye, I couldn't get the whole thing in
one frame.  There is a line of buildings across the street, and in fact the
upper floors of those buildings is where Monet did most of his painting
there.

As we went around the cathedral, on our way to the St Jean church and
memorial, I noticed this view of the cathedral over the trees, and thought
it a nice scene, although not the one made famous by Monet.

Dan Matyola