Still having occasional problems with SpamEatingMonkey & Earthlink's
email servers.

On 5/18/2017 01:33, Igor PDML-StR wrote:

 John Wed, 17 May 2017 16:12:19 -0700 wrote:

Why does it need to be installed? Wouldn't just a CD with folders to
organize the photos suffice?

Not installed. I am considering that it would run a photo viewer or a
web browser (unless autorun is disabled). That's for those who don't
know what to do with Jpeg files..

Ok, the URL you included was about how to make cross platform
*installation* CDs.

My experience with Windoze, if you insert a CD with just image files &
no autorun, it opens an AutoPlay Dialog, with options to import photos
or to open the folder to view files using Windows Explorer. Windows
default import setting copies the images into "My Pictures".

In Explorer, you can double click the photo's icon and it will open in
whatever photo program you have installed. If you don't already have a
program installed for viewing photos, it opens with "Windows Photo Viewer.

Probably the more important consideration though was Larry's point about
so many of the newer computers no longer having CD/DVD drives. None of
the MacBooks have them. I don't think even the iMacs have them anymore.