In a message dated 5/22/02 6:49:49 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< A friend of mine is going to Africa this fall and she is in great need
of a new camera. She asked me for advice and I suggested a MZ5n with
some nice lenses.

My question to the allknowing list is, will the MZ5n handle three months
in darkest Africa (desert/steppe, not jungle)? The MZ-S would of course
be better but she's on a budget of US$600-700 and she's not that a good
friend that I lend her mine MZ-S :-) >>

I've used the ZX-5n for several years. I teamed it with a PZ-1p and now a
MZ-S. The ZX-5n or MZ5n, as it is outside of the USA, is a rugged unit. Short
of dropping it into a river or off a mountain it will last. A jungle fungus
will take out any camera so that's one you have to protect against. I've
found the ZX-5n held its own against everything.
BURT