Ouch, you're between a rock and a hard place there. If it was me I
would take the brutal approach, the battery is toast so I would opt to
destroy the battery however there is a danger to it. If you open the
battery and it gets sufficient oxygen even if discharged it can
spontaneously combust (burn, not generally explode if there is a
vent).

I would take it outside and bring a drill, electric screw driver, a
screw with good deep thread, a pair of robust pliers and a drill bit
slightly smaller than the screw. Drill into the battery, quickly screw
the screw in and yank the lot out. Otherwise send it in for service
(where they would very likely do exactly the same thing).

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours