On Wednesday, May 22, 2002, at 02:50  AM, Bruce Dayton wrote:

> I don't see much point to using slide film at that speed.  I would
> consider the Fuji 800 or 1600 stuff (Aaron probably knows the exact
> name - Nxx - I wish they were a little easier to remember) or consider
> Kodak 800 Portra or Supra.

If you're looking to minimize grain, Fuji Press 800/Fuji Superia 800 or
Fuji NPZ 800 are all excellent choices in negative film.  The
Press/Superia films are a higher contrast than NPZ, and depending on the
lighting may be more desirable.

If you need slides, I heartily recommend Fuji Provia 400F pushed either
a stop to 800 or two stops to 1600, though if you can get away with 800
you'll have a better image.  There is no other high-speed slide film out
there that can compare with Provia 400F, IMO.

-Aaron