On Wednesday, May 22, 2002, at 01:37  AM, Petter Jarbo wrote:

> Anyone have experience in pushing T400 CN? I am thinking of using pushed
> T400 CN when our baby come’s. I originally planned for T3200, but
> expenses are somewhat heavy now, a couple of weeks before birth :-) and
> T400 CN is what's in the fridge.

Don't have the lab "push" it, just shoot it at ISO 800 or 1000 and
process it normally.  I repeat: do not have the lab "push" the film.
Don't tell them that you've shot it any differently than normal.

If the processing time is extended with T400CN, it develops a nasty base
that lowers contrast and therefore makes the resulting neg print worse
than one that is just a stop underexposed.

So, if you want to rate T400CN faster, just underexpose it and then
process and print normally.

-Aaron