On Sat, Jun 3, 2017 at 6:43 PM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

> Bruce Walker wrote:
>>
>> Long is the way and hard, that out of Hell leads up to light. ―John
>> Milton, Paradise Lost
>>
>> http://portfolio.brucemwalker.com/index/I00001DukGx1AsRs
>>
>> NSFW, but really shouldn't need that label. Glamour it ain't.
>

> Very nice.  I wish the dark part of the background were darker so that
> Dorrie stood out better against it. Is there any way you could use the
> luminance slider to to increase the contrast between her and the background?

My standard way to do that is in Photoshop: add a Curves layer; select
the background and create a layer mask; adjust curves to suit. In fact
I did that already to push the floor and the rolled-up bottom of the
grey seamless in the background into darkness.

The other way to do it is using the selective adjustment points in
Silver Efex Pro when doing the b&w conversion. That tool is amazing
because it acts like an auto-mask and lets you work on major features
in the image and alter contrast, change the luminance, pick out
(amplify) more detail, etc.

But I judged the background to be dark enough for my taste. I like for
a little background texture and variation to be left rather than push
it into pure black. Looks a little less jarring to my eye that way.

Thanks, Larry.

--
-bmw