I've never had a good handle on what folks want either. "it'll look good over
the couch" is something that does not resonate with me. So when I had the
opportunity to participate in a print sale, I picked photos that I liked and
put them up for sale. My tastes are often considered a bit odd, but I managed
quite a few print sales anyway...

It's very hard to know what's going to sell at print sales. I look at photos on
sale at various local shows and see nothing I would buy, but I see dozens of
people carrying those prints home. It's perplexing.