I am rather oblique, myself. (I know, you meant IT'S a tough angle).

It all was, it's a very small temple.

Thanks, Jack.

Marnie aka Doe ;-)

On 7/7/2017 12:26 PM, Jack Davis wrote:
I'm Tough angle, but nice placement
Marnie.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 7, 2017, at 11:55 AM, Marnie (aka Doe) <eactiv...@comcast.net> wrote:

Just about through with updating 2011 web pages.

So one last one from 2011, Pillars.

I've revisited this place several times, the Sunol Water Temple. Originally I
spotted it from the freeway out in the middle of nowhere (farm fields) when
traveling once to San Jose.

Built 1910, it was designed by Willis Polk, who also did the Palace of Fine
Arts in San Francisco. Even though it near Livermore, water from that area once
was part of the SF water district (even though it's miles and miles away). Of
course, now it doesn't (a lot fewer people back then lived out that way). It's
pretty unknown now but used to be visited as an tourist attraction after it was
first built. There was a big battle in the 1990's to make it a historical
landmark. Now it is.

I had a photo of this temple in the 2008-2009 PDML Annual.

http://www.mapphotography.org/PAWS/pages/pillars.htm

Comments welcome.

Marnie aka Doe :-)