Nice little album, Rick.

Mauch Chunk was a dirty little mining town when my father was born there in
1915.  My Matyola grandparents migrated there from Mucachevo (then in
Weastern Sovakia, in the Austro-Hungarian Empire, now in western Ukraine),
where the were subsistence farmers.  My grandfather hated the mines, and
got a job as a track walker for the railroad.  This allowed the family to
escape Mauch Chunk, and move to Manville, NJ, home of the world's biggest
asbestos factory.  From the frying pan .  .  .  .

In any event, here is an old snapshot of my grandparents as I remember them:

https://www.photo.net/photo/15462434/Michael-and-Helen-Matyola

Dan

Dan Matyola