That's a great set of shots.

Gonz wrote:
Was in Cerulean Kentucky for the eclipse with my family.  It was an
amazing experience.  I'm glad we are getting another one in 7 years
and the centerline of totality will be an hour west of my home here,
so no need to take a long trip.  The weather was perfect and my wife
took a video of the family right before and during totality.  My Dad
of 91 years was there, as were two of my grandchildren ages 15 and 10.
My 10 year old granddaughter was overwhelmed by the site and kept
saying OMG OMG.

What an awesome experience to share with family. If I had seen a total eclipse at that age, I would have seen many more by now.

It is something incredible to see and I'm glad we
drove up there to experience it.

I'm with you there!

I have some ideas to make the next
one go smoother camera wise. It was a pain to take the filter off at
the time of totality and switch over to a different exposure.  I
should have prepared better.  It would have been nice to get some wide
long exposures too.

Exactly.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66982297@N02/36021221794/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66982297@N02/36021220494/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66982297@N02/36021219734/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66982297@N02/36568777642/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66982297@N02/36690745736/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

Your shots are certainly worth being proud of, I'm looking forward to seeing more. I should definitely have bracketed my exposure to get better shots of the flares like you did.