I enjoyed listening to a portion of that program, thanks for sharing.
It's a bit strange or funny to hear a "proper" British voice talking about
country (instead of the deep southern drawl).
While I enjoy occasionally listening to some sub-genres of country (e.g. some western swing), here (in TX), we get too much country (on the radio, in restaurants, various other public places, ...)

But I thought your wife might enjoy listening to the shows from our community radio (live on the web), KEOS (http://keos.org) - they do many weekly local music shows.
In particular, there are two programs of interest:
http://keos.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/KEOS-Program-Schedule-for-08.06.17.pdf
10am-noon (Central time) - various Americana, Country, etc. - on most days of the week, except Sunday. This makes it late afternoon your time. There are also some evening programs here, - you can check the schedule on the website.

Also, if Alma likes discovering new musicians, - she might enjoy Elana James, a musician playing and singing (in various genres) for many years in Austin: http://www.elanajames.com/listen/
(Or, she might already know this musician.)
I like several songs on "Elana James" (2007) CD album that I own.

Cheers,

Igor