Thanks Rick.

They are a magnificent couple of artists whose lives are one of their ongoing
works. They are a bit like Magritte in that they present an image of studied
conventionality while being utterly and completely unconventional, and
producing rather shocking work. They are one of a very small group of people
who rescued that wonderful part of London from development.

You can see a bit of, and read about, the interior of their house here:
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2015/may/19/gilbert-and-george-at-home-east-end-restoring-pictures

In that article they say "it has to be immaculate in order for us to make all
these unpleasant pictures".

Here is one of their unpleasant pictures:
http://www.arengario.it/sync/2014/11/gilbert-george-1994-naked-shit-pictures-invito.jpg

On 10 Sep 2017, at 20:17, Rick Womer