When I hover my mouse pointer over the original URL in Thunderbird, the
correct URL with the slashes appears in the little pane along the bottom
of the window.

On 9/13/2017 18:31, Larry Colen wrote:

Jack Davis wrote:
That's interesting, Ann. I gather Larry
was able to as well.
I had left out a couple foreword
slashes.
Did you ask Larry? I saw his kind comment, but received no actual
post from him.

I just went back to the original post and it worked in chrome running on
OSX.  I suspect that the chrome URL parser is clever enough to figure
out that folks sometimes fumblefinger the slashes right after http: and
autocorrects it.

J???

Sent from my iPhone