Good advice for almost all emails ...
never open an attachment unless you absolutely know it is ok,
particularly .zip, .exe, .docx, .xlsx, or any of the types that can contain macros.

If it is an extension that likely does not contain executable code, like .jpg or such,
I'll usually save it to my hard drive first, before opening ..
then the anti-virus software will be sure to take a look at it.