Thanks, Ken.

So, that's consistent with my vague recollection of someone mentioning that fact here on the list. But the question is, with that, does DNG converter also preserve "makernote" field? To answer that, you'd need to look with a software that can show you the "raw" content of each field separately, e.g. ExifTool that I've mentioned before.

Igor