Larry, the MGB GT is a cool car. An acquaintance had a much admired red one in university days. You shouldn't have much trouble finding a buyer.

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: Larry Colen
Sent: 22 October, 2017 3:10 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: GESO Jasmine and neighbor roulette

Now that I have a driveway again, I was able to pull Jasmine out of the garage so I can work on other projects. I gave her a quick bath and took some photos on the off chance that someone might be willing to pay some reasonable fraction of the money that I have invested in the engine. Otherwise, at some point before the heat death of the universe maybe I’ll have both the time and money to finish putting her back together.

The photos are more by way of “fun things in my life” rather than particularly artistic photography.

Some fun details that you can see in the photos:
SCCA legal roll cage (with matching logbook)
Note that the upper side bar is bent, while it's not quite as strong as a straight bar, it greatly facilitates getting in and out, and is a lot stronger than no bar. Once I added the second sway bar up front, I was able to put power to the ground coming out of the turns, and had problems with axle tramp, which is an issue when putting over 100 hp to the ground. I had just purchased some traction bars when I had to take the old motor apart.
If the gear shift looks a bit odd, that's because it's a Ford 5-speed box.
Yes, that's a boost gauge. No it's not just decorative.
Aluminum head ported by Replicka Maschinen, high lift roller rockers matched with custom elgin cam. Custom Aluminum back plate. Combined with the aluminum head, aluminum flywheel, Pauter rods, lighter starter and alternator, weight savings of about 50 static pounds. That's good for about 1/2 second/lap.
Hp enterprises blower from Melbourne.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157686424694052

While I was repositioning her, I was going to stick one of the cars next door to give more room for maneuvering around the driveway. My old neighbor said it was fine for me to park cars there while the house is in escrow, so that it wouldn’t look quite so empty. It turns out that the new neighbor had just started moving in. It turns out that one thing he does for fun is astrophotography. I started telling him about the astrotracer feature and he replied “I know, I have one”. So, cool beans, a neighbor with an equatorial mount rig that I can even share camera gear with!

---