I can get good results with Vuescan, but it’s a pain. The sliders and other
controls are crude and not proportional, so the result of small tweaks is hard
to predict. Previews are inaccurate as well, at least in my experience. I
haven’t upgraded it in years, so it may be better now, but the Epson software
works beautifully  on the V850 Pro, so I’m not likely to try it again.