Hi, Pat,

Well, I think it's interesting, anyway! <g>  And, apparently, so do you.

Other than my (our) TOPDML buddies, I'm the only person I know who owns and uses
Pentax gear.  Not that I know that many photographers (I use the term loosely when
referring to me!), but those that I know own C****, N**** or Minolta.    You see quite
a few K1000's locally, especially
during the school year - obviously Ryerson photograpy students.  It was heartwarming
to go to the zoo last weekend with the kids, and see a coupla older Pentaxes:  an ME
and an ME Super.  I went to talk to both of them (the owners, not the cameras), but
neither seemed too eager to
discuss their cameras ("who's this weird man coming up to me, and why does he want to
talk about my camera?").

>From what I see on this list, Pentaxes seem to be pushed at the camera stores here in
>Canada a bit more than in the US, Henry's having a huge Pentax sign out front, the
>same size as the other "big two's" signs.

But in the media, it's another thing all together.  So, when I see a Pentax being used
by a pro (or amateur for that matter) it's a matter of great excitement.  It's almost
as if we're using a "cult" or (as you said) underground product or something!

I guess it's up to us to keep the brand alive, as Pentax sometimes seems to be less
than willing to do so...

regards,
frank

--
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears it
is true." -J. Robert