I've been using Photoshop for donkey years, but stopped with the CS6
version for a couple of reasons:
a) Photography is my hobby and I am not into it for money. Also I have this
idiosyncrasy to own the very best of things like shoes- Bata, Cameras -
Pentax, Watch - Rolex & Omega, Cars - Infinity, Travel Luggage - Samsonite
& so on.
But I changed to a 4K Intel Core i7 laptop, and the fonts + modules
appeared miniscule and I could not read them. Adobe & Microsoft were at
loggerheads blaming each other so the problem remains unsolved.
RIP Photoshop CS6.
b) $ 10 a month may appear small, but I would rather own my own software
which resides on my own machine, not somewhere in the cloud.
Reason why I have not moved into a Gated Community where you pay a monthly
service + maintenance charge and listen to all the Rules they make.
I rather have my own little house at the meeting point of 4-Roads - what is
called a unique corner site.
c) I have used a number of Software - Pentax's own PDCU5, Cyberlink Photo
Director, DxO Optics Pro, Lightroom + some more, but find LR CC 2015.12
with the NIK interface the friendliest, easiest & fast.
d) I am aware that Photoshop is the Studio Owner's and Pro Photogs
favorite, so they will have to go on using it in whatever way Adobe hands
it out to them - whether they have a choice or not.
Not for me, as I will move on to something else like Luminar, GIMP etc.

Thanks for reading.
Bipin
camp: Thornhill, Ontario.