thanks Bruce and Paul for the nice words

Bruce Walker wrote:
Larry ...

A friend wanted to do a nude photo shoot.  It was her first one, and we
didn't have much time, so most of what we accomplished was their
learning how a photo shoot works.  I think we still got a few keepers.
Here's one:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eb8h0fnz4b94ilk/AAAko2j5hDB-YS6-A-ewD5REa/20171118-LRC67253.jpg?dl=0

I like that one best of the 7.

Thanks

She did well for a first time out. I sense less awkwardness and more
eagerness which is great, of course.

Several cycles of shooting a few, then looking at them, and a bit of feedback really helped her understand how it works, then she could relax, and then start having fun.

Because of time constraints I didn't try to adjust the lighting as much
as I normally would, but towards the end, we did a bit of rim lighting
and a more rembrandt lighting set up, which I think worked well.
Comments and suggestions appreciated as always.
Next time, I hope to have more time to play with lighting the background
so it isn't just black.

I'd try b&w conversions to go with the black background. I find that
de-emphasizing colour and just focusing on light and shadow works best with
the static, statuesque poses. If you go for a bit of glamor it just muddles
the message.

I had tried a couple of BW conversions earlier in the set, but at your suggestion I went and did them to those 7 and the lighting from later in the shoot worked a lot better, so I've uploaded the BW versions to that directory as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eb8h0fnz4b94ilk/AACPCfobmYyrkbZdf6LFVEF5a?dl=0

Shows much promise to me. Schedule another shoot right away to keep up the
momentum!

I'm looking forward to it. She lives a bit over an hour north, but has a friend down here that she visits fairly often. I suggested that some scarves, or clothes, that are mostly primary red or blue (maybe accented with gold) would work well with her. I'll also work on getting some saturated color into the background, also probably red or blue, rather than just trying to use rim lights to separate her hair from the background.

Cheers, Larry.