On 11/25/2017 06:09, Steve Cottrell wrote:
Hi Listers

Asking for a friend.

Well, my son, really.

He's after a particular T shirt from a USA retailer, but the shipping is 32
bucks, which is more than the actual T shirt.

I told him to just order it and swallow the cost. But that got me thinking -
would you think that 32 bucks is a lot to mail a T shirt to England?

What is the state of US postal charges? Is international postage expensive for
you, or relatively cheap?

Would you consider 32 dollars expensive to send a T shirt (usually in a plastic
bag for shipping) ?

They USPS has a "First-Glass Package International Service" that starts at $9.03 (USD)
for up to 8 ounces depending on the "Price Group" your country falls into. I couldn't
find UK on that chart, but I didn't look too hard.

This page seems to have all the USPS International rates:

https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm#_c419

Part of the reason USPS rates are so high is because Congress screwed them over
several years ago.