I don't think there's much difference between waterproofness in "inexpensive" cameras Pentax/Ricoh vs Olympus.  The build quality will probably be about the same.  The only actual underwater camera that I would trust implicitly is the Nikon AW1.  Then again it's almost $1000 for the two lens kit.  Which is all the underwater lenses Nikon makes for it.