Grandfather Mountain is not a national park, however the Blue Ridge
Parkway that runs across the shoulder of GFM *IS*.

Grandfather Mountain used to be a private attraction, but recently
(2015 I think) Hugh Morton's heirs donated the land to the State of
North Carolina and GFM is now a North Carolina State Park.

National Parks in the U.S.

https://www.nps.gov/hfc/carto/PDF/NPSmap2.pdf