Two things I miss, having moved from
PZ-1p to MZ-S:
1. Dial-in fill flash with the built in and/or external flash;
2. Off-set rather than centered flash hot shoe.

I also found the PZ-1p a bit easier to program wrt bracketing shots.

The MZ-S is faster, quieter, and a bit more comfortable in my hands. And it
has the data-imprint on the film.

If the MZ-S had not been produced, I would still be comfortable with my
PZ-1p. But once I held the MZ-S I could not resist.

 Stan