In a message dated 5/25/2002 7:51:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>  Install a K-to-screw adapter.If it drops-in and turns easily that's a
> good sign.
>     Slowly mount a screw mount lens,preferably a tele-
>     Watch the flange-to-lens gap all around as you slowly torque-down the
>       lens..metal should meet metal all-the-way-around at the same time.

Bob,

Excellent suggestion. Did just as you suggested. The lens appeared to make
contact evenly. There is no warp as far as I can see. I would suppose it's
just enough out to cause the stiffness but not so much as to be noticeable by
sight.

Brendan MacRae